This years Carers Week is all about making Carers visible!
As we are unable to be out and about in the community promoting you, this year we are supporting Carmarthenshire Carers Support Services (or CSSN) in helping to get your voices heard, your stories read and you noticed! If you are willing and able to film yourself (this can be a video message or WhatsApp) we will include them on the day dedicated to all Parent / Carers. The following are some suggestions for you to include in it:
• Brief background – your name, age of cared for and condition or diagnosis (these are optional)
• The amount and type of support / care you provide (optional)
• How your role has changed including challenges / difficulties of being a carer during the Covid-19 lockdown period
• How have you felt during lockdown (emotional impact)
• Any support / help you’ve had from neighbours, friends, organisations, etc.
• Any positives that have come out of being in lockdown
• What you are most looking forward to when lockdown restrictions are lifted
Alternatively, write your story down, you could pose it as a letter …’Dear Boris’ or ‘Mark’ or even to your future self and how you felt during this time and what you looked forward to doing the most when it ended! Write a poem and we will read them out!
We would also like your self-portraits! These can be a photo, drawing, painting, collage; of yourself, with your cared for or the whole family and using any medium you can get your hands on!
If none of the above appeals to you, you could send a favourite poem or verse that feels particularly relevant at this time and someone will be your voice; or a picture or image which you feel is representative of your experiences.
We all need to shout out how amazing you all are! Your stories and voices need to be heard, please use this opportunity to do just that!
If you want to know more, or would like to submit anything for Carers Week, please email: