Mencap Cymru with Cardiff Law School Legal Tool-kits:
Know Your Rights
The toolkits cover the rights of people with a learning disability on a range of topics from housing and education to health and social care.These guides aim to empower anyone who supports people with a learning disability to access these services, whether you’re family, a support worker or an advocate.
Carmarthenshire People First:
Supporting adults with learning disabilities, ‘so we can live the life we choose’
Tim Reilly is a Generic Advocate: Tim makes sure that people with a learning disability are the ones who make the decisions that effect their lives.
- He helps people with a learning disability get access to all the services they need and to have a real say in how they live their lives.
- He supports people by going with them to meetings to discuss the services they receive and ensuring that their voices are heard.
- Tim can help people to complain if they are unhappy with a service or find the organisation they need to help them with their problem.
To find out more about the members Groups, Ffion Davies, CPF’s Health Advocate and how Carmarthenhsire People First can help your family click on the link
Personal profile builder
A resource that will help you create a personal profile for an individual with Autism. Click here for more information
The app. is designed to help individuals with ASD to plan, organise and sequence activities.
The app. provides the structure to do this, and is reliant on the user(s) entering supporting content so therefore can be tailored specifically to the needs of the individual.
Features of the app include:
- Welsh / English language choice
- Personalised content added by the user
- Capacity to build activities in a step by step sequence
- Steps are stored within the app. so can be reused within different activities
- Users can add relevant advice, reminders or instructions for each step
- Activities can be created and emailed to other users
An informative website that’s worth visiting for up-to-date news
Click on the logo to find out more
The NAS is a leading UK charity for people on the Autistism Spectrum, including Aspergers and their families.
Click on the logo for more information